Our Learning Model
OUR LEARNING MODEL
Our ‘Learning Pods’ allows students to complete a range of TASC courses while learning about renewable energy or marine science. Learning is designed and delivered by specialist teachers in collaboration with University academics and Industry experts. Topics are studied through an integrated learning model using a combination of investigation, explicit learning and hands on experiences. Research suggests that when you apply your learning in an applied context, you gain a deeper understanding and improved well-being.
- Gaiin 21st century skills of critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration
- Enjoy learning that spans boundaries - operating across and between the usual discipline understandings.
- Link with University and Industry experts who will help with your learning, connect you to your future pathway in a real and tangible way.
Learn about real world applications with learning that is deep, rigorous, and experiential where projects allow students to answer big questions which could include:
- Which is the best renewable energy source for my community?
- What impact do fish farms have on water quality?
- Do marine reserves improve species diversity?