Levy & Stationery
Levies for 2017
Grades 7 & 8 - $635.00
Grades 9 & 10 - $700.00
Background on Levies
Levies form a significant portion of funds associated with the curriculum. The authority to charge levies is provided under Section 41 of the Education Act 1994. The levy covers such items as classroom materials, some curriculum related excursions, some grade camps, specialist subject costs, textbook hire (not stationery) and access to publishing and word processing equipment.
Extras not covered by the Levy:
- State, interstate and international excursions
- Sports team registrations
- Musical instrument hire
- Music camps
- Exploring the Ocean camps (for further requirements please refer to the Course Selection Guide)
- Language Perfect levy
- Grade 10 Formal
- Other activities as they arise
Invoices for Levies:
Accounts will be posted home in January. Parents and carers are advised that payment is due prior to the commencement of the school year.
All payments can be made
- in person at the school by cash, cheque, credit card;
- by over-the-phone credit transactions;
- through Service Tasmania, either via their website (refer to your invoice for details), or in person;
- by BPay through your bank or financial institution to the Department of Education (BPay code and reference number for payments are on your invoice).
Payment can be negotiated over the first two terms, by contacting the School Office (half paid before the commencement of Term 1 and the balance before the commencement of Term 2) or, if more flexible arrangements are required, payment by instalment is available. Parents/carers should complete the “Agreement to Pay Levies by Instalment“ form. This form is available from the School Office.
Student Assistance (STAS)
STAS is one of the forms of financial assistance available to assist with the cost of school levies. The scheme provides assistance for low-income families towards the cost of levies for students enrolled from kindergarten through to year 12. Funding for eligible applicants will be provided directly to their school. Income assessment is applied to parents/guardians of dependent students, and independent students applying for assistance under the scheme. Application forms are available from the school office. Approved STAS students will be given a stationery pack and will not be required to purchase stationery.
For specific enquiries regarding assistance completing the application or application procedures please contact:
Financial Assistance Services on 1800 816 057 or via email at email@example.com
Taroona TAS 7053
Phone: 03 6227 7700
Fax: 03 6227 7799